If you are looking for a road bike, be that for recreational or professional purposes, here you’ll find the bike you need to fulfill all your requirements. We will look at the contenders who rank to be crowned among the best.
In the following sections you’ll see up-close what the best road bikes on the market have to offer. Join us in the pursuit for the bike of your dreams.
Things to Consider as a Road Cyclist
- Comfort. You want your bike to be as comfortable as possible. Road cycling tends to be longer than other types of cycling. During that time you want to feel as comfortable as it can get, otherwise you won’t enjoy the ride as you’re supposed to. You don’t want to fight the bike; you want to use energy to gain greater momentum.
- Quality. It might not seem so important at first glance, but having a high quality bike is a great deal. A frame made of better material will transfer your effort on the road a lot better; it will be more stiff and durable than a low quality frame is. Premium bike parts have better response time and are lighter. You don’t want extra weight while cycling.
- Price. It is a factor, a huge one. The perfect bike is a mix of performance, appearance, quality. Somewhere in the middle is the best bike, you get what you pay for. Few extra bucks can take that back or knee pain away and put a smile on your face, not the joker way.
- Weight. Extra weight takes away the control of your bike. More weight requires more force to get to the top of the hill. Unnecessary parts should be taken off or heavy parts should be replaced with lighter ones.
Top 10 Road Bikes Overview Chart
When you enter a bike shop the first thing you get asked is how tall is the person the bike is for, or if it’s for you, how tall are you. Having the bike that matches to your size can save you from a lot of unnecessary trouble.
- Knee injury. A bike with a frame that’s too big for you will cause knee pain because you are not going to push your pedals down at a right angle. In time this can turn into a permanent pain. In addition you’ll waste a ton of effort.
A frame that’s too small might allow not enough space to ride comfortably. There’s a chance to even hit the handlebars. That can really be painful.
- Back Pain. It’s so obvious, but people still make that mistake. You can’t trade off the comfort part. One of the easiest ways to boost your comfort is to get the size that matches your physics. Otherwise prepare yourself for months of therapy to reduce that back pain of yours.
Cycling is not one of time thing. You probably do it or will do it every day. Having an uncomfortable ride might be the reason why your bike will stay in the garage for a long time.
Top 5 Best Road Bikes Reviews
The Kestrel Talon Road Bike is the best road bike you can find. It has all features a great road bike should have. It’s a real pleasure to ride it. The comfort, the looks, the quality; it has it all! A true superstar!
The frame comes in a wide range of sizes. You can get it in black and red color. No matter what color you pick you you’ll get tons of compliments. Not only it’s a cycling beast of a machine, it’s real eye-catcher. The frame is made of carbon giving you awesome stability and ability to perform. The overall weight of the bike is below 20 pounds. You’ll get to the top of the hill in no time.
It might cost you a lot, but the value you get is through the roof. An aerodynamic road bike with a carbon frame and premium parts, what more can you ask for?
Not a lot different than the Kestrel Talon Road Bike, however ranked 2nd. The reason we rank this bike 2nd is because it’s available in only one size, that’s all. It will give you almost the same performance and the same comfort if this size is the right one for you.
It has a carbon frame and carbon fork, the perfect combination for great stability and transfer of force. Light as a feather, you’ll be in control of this bike, uphill and downhill.
Don’t let the look fool you, it has ability to be configured for Road Cycling. You just have to remove the part on the handlebars intended for triathlon races.
Overall a great road bike for casual and competitive purposes.
Another great bike brought to you by Kestrel. This one doesn’t have the ability to be configured for triathlon.
It can certainly rank wheel-to-wheel with the best road bikes out there. It has a carbon frame, unfortunately only in one size, and a carbon fork to offer you good performance and great stability.
An excellent investment if you are just starting with cycling. It will allow you to improve exponentially and you’ll have the opportunity to ride a bike designed for pros.
This is the Diamondback’s contender for top of the list. The 2015 Century 2 Complete Road Bike is the bike to buy if you intend to go on long rides. It will keep your body more upright than a normal racing bike. This will reduce neck and back pain by a lot.
It has aluminum frame which is more than enough for casual cycling. This is the reason why this bike has such a low price, but not a low performance.
If you are going for longer rides this is the best investment you can make. Comes at a lower price than the rest of the bikes and will offer you greater comfort for the neck and the back without trading off the performance and the quality of the bike overall.
You want to start cycling and you don’t know what bike to pick. Well, the Schwinn’s Phocus is the safe call to make. It’s extremely cheap and you’ll experience what it’s like to be a cyclist that rides an awesome road bike.
Don’t let the price fool you, it has an aluminum frame and a carbon fork. Usually you wouldn’t get this kind of a great deal for this price.
It has the right mix of quality and comfort that will enable you to experience the thrill of being on the open road.